Job Title: SW Engineer – Junior to Mid Level
IvySys Technologies, LLC is a boutique software company providing advanced solutions and analytical capabilities for critical intelligence analysis and threat awareness problems. We are a leader in big data integration, predictive analytics, and analytic modernization software.
IvySys offers a wealth of diversity in thought, perspective, background and culture; and is actively seeking team members looking to contribute in a challenging and rewarding environment.
As a software engineer, you will make critical contributions as part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team working on novel methods for solving critical national security problems. We are seeking someone capable of contributing to the design, development, and testing of advanced analytics and software tools for the generation, fusion, and analysis of large data sets. Your primary focus will be developing infrastructures, and supporting the development of tools that highlight or enhance our analytic capabilities.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for writing smart code, and be adept at breaking down large technical problems to solve them systematically. She/he should also be comfortable communicating with end users to gather requirements and conduct design reviews to gather critical feedback on system design, integration, and testing.
- Work with data scientist and subject matter experts to develop robust software solutions
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software solutions
- Collaborate with team members to deliver projects on time
- Remain abreast of state-of-the-art development tools, and programming techniques
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent field w/ 2-5 years of relevant post-degree experience in industry or academia
- Experience developing object-oriented software in languages such as Java and/or C++
- Experience in the use of advanced software engineering techniques, theories, precepts, and practices
- Comfort with working in a research and development environment with loosely defined or high-level requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience developing and/or implementing tools for the generation, fusion, and analysis of large data sets
- Advanced knowledge of statistics, graph theory, and linear algebra
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
IvySys offers highly competitive compensation packages to attract and retain the very best and brightest staff. IvySys offers a performance-based bonus program to excite employee innovation. Our corporate benefits package is designed to ensure a healthy work/life balance. Extensive employee benefits include company-paid employee health, dental, life and disability insurance; a matching 401K program; liberal vacation leave; and flexible work schedules.
To further explore careers at IvySys Technologies, please send your resume or CV to email@example.com.