Job Title: Data Scientist/Engineer – Junior to Mid Level
IvySys Technologies, LLC is a boutique software company providing advanced solutions and analytical capabilities for critical intelligence analysis and threat awareness problems. We are a leader in big data integration, predictive analytics, and analytic modernization software.
IvySys offers a wealth of diversity in thought, perspective, background and culture; and is actively seeking team members looking to contribute in a challenging and rewarding environment.
As a data scientist, you will make critical contributions as part of a multi-disciplinary R&D team working on novel methods for solving critical national security problems. We are seeking someone capable of contributing to the design, development, and testing of advanced analytics and software tools for the generation, fusion, and analysis of large data sets with primary focus on data mining techniques, statistical analysis, and integration of high quality prediction systems.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable interfacing with government customers, subject matter experts, and end users to gather requirements and conduct design reviews to obtain critical feedback on system design, integration, and testing.
- Work with software engineers to develop robust software solutions
- Use state-of-the-art methods to perform data mining and statistical analysis
- Develop statistical representations of real world data
- Select, and develop features for analytic systems and build classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Process, clean, and verify integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Work collaboratively with team members to deliver projects on time
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent field w/ 3-7 years of relevant post-degree experience in industry or academia
- Experience developing and/or implementing tools for the generation, fusion, and analysis of large data sets
- Strong background in mathematical modeling and simulation and graph theory
- Practical experience with common data science toolkits such as R, Python, or MATLAB
- Comfort with working in a research and development environment with loosely defined or high-level requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- M.S. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Electrical/Computer Engineering (with a signal processing concentration)
- Familiarity with knowledge discovery / analytical techniques such as Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, Classification and Statistical Inference is desirable
- Understanding of machine learning techniques, SVM, k-NN, Naïve Bayes, Decision Forests, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics, graph theory, and linear algebra
- Ability to model and characterize statistical distributions from real data sets
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include US citizenship.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
IvySys offers highly competitive compensation packages to attract and retain the very best and brightest staff. IvySys offers a performance-based bonus program to excite employee innovation. Our corporate benefits package is designed to ensure a healthy work/life balance. Extensive employee benefits include company-paid employee health, dental, life and disability insurance; a matching 401K program; liberal vacation leave; and flexible work schedules.
To further explore careers at IvySys Technologies, please send your resume or CV to email@example.com.